Attractive, Permanent Tooth Loss Solution
Teeth loss can occur for many different reasons such as illness, injury, prescription drugs, and advanced periodontal disease. Some patients think that replacing a lost or missing tooth is strictly a cosmetic procedure; however, a single missing tooth can leave a person vulnerable to a range of oral health concerns.The services offered by our cosmetic dentistry team at Family Dental Associates can significantly enhance the appearance of a smile and help you with implant placement.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that provide a permanent base for replacement teeth. Compared to other procedures such as dentures and crowns, dental implants are an effective solution for patients suffering from missing teeth or chronic dental issues. Due to the natural look and feel of the implants, this procedure has become a popular service at Family Dental Associates.
The fixture used to secure the implant in place fuses to the jaw bone forming a strong anchor for your new teeth. As a result, there’s no slippage or movement that may cause discomfort or difficulty in eating. Every dental implant composes three parts:
- Implant: A screw that becomes the root for your new teeth and permanently attaches to your jaw
- Abutment: A permanent connector that supports the tooth (can be removable by the dentist)
- Crown: A porcelain made tooth that you can see that closely resembles the natural look of your teeth
Coconut Creek Dental Implant Procedure
Coconut Creek dental implant treatment begins with an evaluation. Not every patient is an ideal candidate for dental implant placement, so a consultation is required to determine the best course of treatment. Our doctors will take careful measurements of your teeth and mouth to guide the crafting of a custom crown.
Small, permanent titanium posts are set into the your mouth, which will secure the crown in place. Temporary crowns may be placed while the necessary healing takes place. Finally, when the permanent crowns arrive, they are placed onto the posts and you can enjoy the benefits of a beautiful new smile. Clinical post-placement care is likely to be minimal, but you will need to maintain a good standard of at-home dental hygiene practice and keep regular appointments for dental cleaning and care.
We offer dental implants in several different configurations to suit the needs of our patients. These options include:
- Single tooth implants: If you lost a tooth from an accident or from dental issues, that one tooth can be replaced to look and function like your other teeth
- Multiple tooth implants: These replacements can include the anterior teeth (incisors and canine) and posterior teeth (premolars and molars).
- Full upper or lower implants: Patient may need a full upper and/or lower set of teeth in which a few implants will be set in place and then attached to a full arch of teeth
Call Your Margate, FL Cosmetic Dentist
With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime which makes them a better long term investment for your teeth. If you struggle with dental problems and have tried other solutions, please contact us to schedule an appointment for our dental implant procedure. Our helpful doctors and staff will guide you the process and answer any questions you may have about the treatment.